This post contains affiliate links, meaning that I receive compensation if you purchase through any of links on this page identified as such (at no additional cost to you!)We have advertising relationships with the stores in this post
Once a year every Military Branch host an event,“The Military Ball”. I have to say this is an event all the ladies get super excited for because of this our version of a red carpet gala. Being a plus one, is an honor because we are representing our service member. I created this post as a Guide to your First Military Ball because I know how it is to be lost and not know Military Traditions.
If you are a newlywed and don’t have a clue what being an Army wife entitled to, Boo, I got you. A Military Ball It’s a Formal Event that a Military Branch host for military communities to get together in which spouses can attend. Service Members wears their Class A or Dress Blue uniform for the event, but each branch host Military Ball differently. Whether you’re a new military wife or girlfriend understanding The Military traditions and etiquette can eliminate the butterflies in your stomach and make the event less intimidating and stressful.
WHAT TO WEAR
- The Gown- Try to keep it floor length, if possible. Dresses below the knee are acceptable but floor length gown are better. Keep it simple, not princess type puffy or skimpy cuts in which your tatas are almost out or the back has a low cut I can see close to your crack. Again this is a work affair not a prom.
- Make sure the dress is your size. I often see women wear gown and its two size down what they wouldn’t normally wear, to avoid any wardrobe malfunction stick to your size and age appropriate attire and most importantly dress comfortably.
- Color- Your gown can be any color, it’s been said traditionally no prints or bold colors, the few Balls I’ve attended spouses have worn bold vibrant colors to compliments the Service Member Class A or Dress Blue uniform. The dress color choice is solemnly up to you.
- Shoes- if you want to rock your sexy pumps or sandals make sure they are comfortable because you are going to be doing a lot of standing and sitting. Try to consider slipping the foldable ballet slipper in your purse in the event your feet can’t take it anymore.
- Hair and makeup- keep it simple, yet presentable.
- Wax- Eyebrows, facial hairs, legs, underarms and everywhere else hair grows. Ladies we have to make sure we look gorgeous, so how ever you do it wether you shave your legs or underarm, wax or thread eyebrows and facial hair this is a must.
- Nails- This is a MUST, ladies you will Be greeting many people including high rank service members in which you will have to shake their hands, especially if you are a Higher Rank Wife you will be doing a lot of greeting and hand shaking. You don’t have to go crazy a simple manicure and pedicure will do the trick. As long as your nails looks good and if you plan wearing open toes or sandals boo boo your feet have to look presentable.
- Jewelry- this is the time to wear your most beautiful jewelry and accessories and show it off.