This post contains affiliate links, meaning that I receive compensation if you purchase through any of links on this page identified as such (at no additional cost to you!)We have advertising relationships with the stores in this post
Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or register Dietitian. The information presented is purely to share my experience and for entertainment purposes. As always check with a doctor before making any fitness or nutrition changes. The author and blog disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this site.
What Is Clean Eating?
What food you should eat?
Lean meats, fruits, vegetables, ocean friendly seafood not farm raised
What Foods you should avoid and stay away?
Canned Food, process food, fast food, sugar, soda, food with preservatives, chips, fried foods.
Is Clean Eating Expensive?
8 Best ways to start Clean Eating
- Start with small changes and you will see how slowly you will build up over time.
- First take a look at your pantry closet and cabinets and take everything out, boxes, cans, packages etc. Go through each items and toss what ever is not clean, you need to take stock of what you have in your pantry and what healthy item to replace it with. Plus if is not in your cabinet you won’t eat it.
- Re-Stock your pantry closet and cabinets from food from Basic Clean Eating List.
- Drink a lot of water, and increase your daily intake.
- Exercise or join a Yoga or Pilates class
- Prepare a Meal Plan for the week and prep food on what ever day it works for you. I usually meal prep on Sunday for the whole week.
- Make a shopping list according to the Basic Clean Eating List. If is not on the list then you know it’s not healthy.
- Download the App “ FOODUCATE”
Fooducate is a grocery advisor app, that will help you make healthy food choices. You scan a food’s barcode and in doing so it gives the food a grade A,B,C,D. The grade given analyzes information found in product nutrition panels and ingredients list that some manufacture don’t want you to know. This app will tell you what ingredients are inside.
Example: once the item is scanned it will give you a grade -C with an explanation
A) Excessive and added sugar
B) Trans fats
C) high fructose
D) corn syrup
F) Food colorings
G) GMO – genetical modified organisms (premium feature)
H) Additives and preservatives
I) Artificial sweeteners